This privacy notice tells you how Active Pet will collect and process your personal data if you register as a client, purchase our services and products, and use our website.
Active Pet is an independent small animal Veterinary Surgery in Coleshill, Amersham. We protect the health and well-being of your pets, offering a range of services that include: diagnosing and treating sick and injured animals, advising owners on how to care for their pets, and providing a range of care related products for purchase.
Who to contact regarding your personal data
We take your privacy seriously. Our Data Protection Manager looks after data protection and would be happy to answer any of your questions about this privacy notice and how Active Pet uses your data. They can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01494 725968.
The personal data we collect and process
There are four main ways we process the personal data you provide. We endeavour to keep this information accurate and up to date, and not keep it longer than is necessary.
- To administer your account as a surgery client
In order to provide our service effectively and ensure the best possible care for your pet, we need to collect and process the following personal data when we register you as a client.
|Personal data type||How the data is collected|
|First name, Last name||As part of registering to be a client|
|Address||As part of registering to be a client|
|Phone number (mobile & landline)||As part of registering to be a client|
|Email address||As part of registering to be a client|
This personal data will be used for the following services and purposes:
- To administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us. For example, invoicing, calling to change an appointment and to keep a record for legal and accounting purposes.
- To inform you by email of service information about the practice. For example, notification of seasonal opening times.
- If you have pet insurance and you wish to make a claim, we will pass on your pet’s clinical history with your name and address to your insurance company to allow them to process your claim.
- If we take a blood or laboratory sample from your pet, we send the sample to our supplier and provide your surname and address for identification purposes only.
- To send you marketing communications as a surgery client
We send all our clients the following marketing communications:
- Reminders for pet appointments via email and text message.
- News information on animal welfare, like top tips for exercise and health checks you can do yourself.
- Promotions and the latest related product offers.
Clients find these communications useful in administering care to their pets and to keep up to date with what is going on at the clinic. They are only sent to existing clients who can opt-out at any time.
The personal data that we process for these communications is first name, last name, email address and mobile phone number.
We would like our clients to enjoy these communications, so it is important to note that you can opt-out at any time by:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any marketing communications email.
- Calling our team at the surgery on 01494 725968.
- Dropping into the clinic and speaking to a member of our team.
- To share with veterinary related third parties WITH your consent
There will be occasions where we will need to ask for your consent to share your personal data with a third party:
- If your pet is being referred to a specialist veterinary surgeon, they may request your pet’s history with us as well as your first opinion practice. We will provide them with your pet’s clinical history along with your name, telephone number, address and email.
- Should you wish to move to an alternative veterinary clinic, we will provide your pet’s clinical history with your name and address to your new vets before closing your account.
- Should you change first opinion veterinary practices, we will provide the new practice with your pet’s clinical history with your name, telephone number, address and email if they require it.
- Organising food or other goods to be sent to an address other than the clinic. We will provide the company with the name of the person receiving the goods, their address and a contact telephone number in order that they can facilitate delivery.
- Using food calculation tools to ensure optimal nutrition for your pet. If you would like to receive your nutrition calculation via email then we will provide your name and address to the company that organises this.
- Sending text and email reminders for appointments. In order for us to continue to send you appointment reminders we will provide the company with your name, email address and mobile telephone number in order that they can send you a message.
- Sending your home exercise program. In order for us to email you your pet’s home exercise program we need to provide the company with your email address and surname.
Active Pet will not pass on your personal data to any third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so. We do not provide any personal data to the suppliers of the medicines we administer.
- When you use our https://activepetrehab.co.uk website
When someone visits https://activepetrehab.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things like the number of visitors to the various parts of the website. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
Active Pet uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses (a number assigned to each of your devices connected to the internet by your broadband provider) of visitors to the Active Pet website.
We provide contact forms on our website and collect users’ personal information to help them complete certain tasks. Each form details the information required and an explanation of what the form is for. For general enquiries, once an enquiry has been dealt with, the data is deleted in line with Active Pet procedures.
Disclosure of personal data to our service providers
We may pass on your personal data to service providers contracted to Active Pet in the course of dealing with you. They act as a data processor on our behalf and are obliged under contract to keep your details secure, and only use them to fulfil the services they provide on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they dispose of it in line with Active Pet procedures.
How long do we process your data for?
Active Pet is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
In order to comply with our professional liability insurance, we keep and securely store past clients records for seven years. This includes full name, address, email address and telephone number, but excludes bank account details.
We will only process your personal data whilst you are a client. After one year and six months of inactivity we will email or call clients to prompt them to see if they wish to remain as a client. After two years we will write to or call clients again. If there has been no activity for two years and six months, and no response to our enquiries we will close the client’s account and archive the data.
Your rights as a data subject
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
You can do that by visiting https://activepetrehab.co.uk/services/terms-conditions/privacy/request/ or by calling 01494 725968. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
Please note that you will need to provide proof of identity – a current passport or driving licence.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Active Pet refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
We take the processing of your personal data very seriously and are here to help with any concerns you may have. Please do contact the Data Protection Manager at email@example.com or 01494 725968.
If you are still not happy with how your personal data is being processed by Active Pet or how your complaint has been handled, you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling 0303 123 1113.